Optimal digestion system for infants, expecting, or nursing mothers.
ProTren LIFE START PRO® Bifidobacterium infantis, the most beneficial bacteria predominant in healthy infants.
B. infantis is the predominant gut bacteria in healthy, breast-fed infants.
- Produce acetic and lactic acids and small amounts of formic acid from carbohydrates. These organic acids increase the acidity of the intestines, thereby inhibiting undesirable bacteria.*
- Optimized digestion*
- Prevent the colonization of the intestines by pathogens by competing for nutrients and attachment sites.*
- Assist nitrogen retention and weight gain in infants.*
- Inhibit bacteria that convert nitrates to potentially harmful nitrites.*
- Produce vitamins in the B-complex family.*
B. infantis is one of the most predominant bacteria found in the gut of healthy, full-term, breastfed infants. B. infantis was recently named the ‘champion colonizer of the infant gut’ by researchers at U.C. Davis because of its unique ability to digest human breast milk oligosaccharides. In a 1980 German study, B. infantis was the predominant beneficial bacteria found in infants. Alarmingly, since that time, researchers have found a decline in the numbers of B. infantis found in infants, including breast-fed infants.
Bifidobacteria and the specific substances they secrete can protect the intestinal mucosa in infants. When the microflora of infants becomes disturbed from oral antibiotic therapy, vaccinations, convalescence or sudden weather changes, the levels of Bifidobacteria decline and lower digestive health. The use of Bifidobacterium infantis NLS can help with the nutritional restoration of the intestinal microflora.
Bifidobacterium infantis NLS Super Strain, 1 billion cfu